We provide VH2O2decontamination services for the phama industry and life sciences such as the application in biosafety cabinets.
For many years, the use of formaldehyde gas has been the most common methodology but due to the adverse effects over health of operators (carcinogen risks), the use of formalin has been banned and the best alternative is the use of VH2O2.
The method requires the use of the DosyMist®VH2O2generator with a remote spray head and some accessories specifically developed for this application.
The target is to decontaminate all the spaces and internal surfaces of the cabinet, trying to achieve a level of decontamination of 6-log.
In order to check the efficiency of the cycle, our services include chemical indicators, biological indicators and/or Protak ™ Enzymatic Indicators.
When is it required to perform a complete decontamination of a Biological Safety Cabinet?
- Before any repair, especially if it involves accessing the contaminated plenum, change of filters, blowers, etc.
- When the cabinet needs to be replaced or relocated from one room or building to another
- When the working procedure (e.g. type of microorganism) has to be drastically changed
- Right after a serious spillage of a dangerous micro-organism has happened
- If there’s suspicion of product contamination by the cabinet itself
- Periodically, especially when BSL-3 or BSL-4 classified organisms are being manipulated inside the cabinet
In such cases, the decontamination should be performed in vapour phase in order to reach out and contact all inner surfaces and parts of the cabinet, including the motor-fan and HEPA filtration systems, which are not typically accessible for disinfection with liquid chemicals.